Mini Matchbox Christmas

Hello Everyone! and welcome to my second project this month for Country View Challenges


I had a couple of very small Christmas presents which needed a pretty package so I decided to use my Sissix Matchbox Die to create two Christmas Mini Matchboxes.


The die is great to work with providing a small open box and then the outside cover which I prefer to use as a book cover rather than a sleeve. So what I have really created is a mini box in a book!


The white box has been cut from glitter cardstock and then decorated with a Tim Holtz Poinsettia (I never tire of this wonderful flower).  I have a magnet enclosed under the pearl which makes for a nice fit when the book is closed.


A close up of the Poinsettia!


The plainer box is made up using some of Tim's Holiday papers - all the little scraps I had left over from other projects!


Again I have used a magnet under the pearl to create a fastening.


Both box books were great fun to make and use up very little in terms of stash as they are great for using up all those little pieces that get saved along the way.

You still have plenty of time to join us in our "Christmas" challenge. Just click the link HERE to go the blog post which gives all the details ...... and above all just have fun!

Thank you for joining me today.

Jennie x






Comments

Marci said…
Beautiful! I especially love the white one, it is so elegant. Did you use the Tim Holtz matchbox die or a different one?
Jennie Atkinson said…
Thank you Marci - yes it is the Tim Holtz matchbox die.
Hazel Agnew said…
They are both adorable Jennie. Great inspiration, thanks. Xx
Marci said…
Thank you! I have that die so this gives me ideas.
Brenda Brown said…
Stunning makes and such beautiful gift packages xxx
A Pink said…
Fabulous gift packages! Jennie that would make any gift that bit more special . x
Corrie Herriman said…
These are fabulous !
Corrie x
Craftyfield said…
So beautiful! Lots of great ideas to upgrade the Christmas wrapping!