Halloween Horror


Well I don't know about "horror" but this is about as spooky as I like to do given I live in old Scottish Manse!

But Halloween Horror is our new challenge at Our Creative Corner. So forget cute cats and smiling pumpkins, we want …


Share with us some horror inspired creations that are sure to send shivers down our spines. Bring out your most grotesque stamps and embellishments … or perhaps find a way to transform a pretty stamp into something macabre. Can you scare us !


I am not necessarily a good example of what you COULD make for this challenge, but I have to admit I would not want to meet this chappie on the stairs in the middle of the night here!


And I am scared rigid if I see a spider!


But I am sure you can all do better! So let us see what you can create and do hop on over to the blog for some amazingly inspirational horror makes from my fellow teamies.

Nicerene Designs are our sponsor this month and one lucky winner will have a $20 dollar voucher to share in their store.

 

 Have a great time creating!

Jennie x






Comments

Astrid Maclean said…
A fabulous piece Jennie, and just the right amount of horror for my liking! Love how you put the different elements together, such a worthy setting for that dour looking gent.... the stencilled spider web look fantastic! Happy October!
Julia S-W said…
Beautiful stamping and layers Jennie. I love the frame and the web. xxx
Kerstin F. said…
Gorgeous, fabulous colour combination!
Lys said…
Whether the spider or the look of the guy... what's more frightening? No I would not like to meet them either! Great scene, Jennie!
Tincan Crafter said…
I do adore the chappie as scary as it might be, meeting him on the stairs of an old Scottish Manse in the middle of the night. Spiders are yechhhhh! Fabulous project for this theme, much praise to you for your scarily awesome project!
Unknown said…
Jennie, this is just FaBOOlous!! I'm with you about spiders!! I will bravely face any ghost, but throw a spider at me and I'm screaming and running away!! :) LOL!! I can totally envision this 'gentleman' as the sire of the manor, greeting us at the creaking door, ushering us inside, for what will be the scariest night of our lives!! FUN!!! :) :) Sounds like my kind of party!! :) :) Happy October, Jennie!! XOXO-Shari
Inkypinkycraft said…
what a wonderful make xx
hugs x
Nice work! I love that cobweb stencil, and it certainly makes for an eerie background to the sinister chap with his monocle, especially with that spider dangling over his shoulder. Love the ink bottle transformed to poison!!
Alison xx
Lynne Moncrieff said…
Jennie, I wonder if you heard things go bump in the night after creating this?!
Beautiful use of the spider stencil in the background, setting the scene for the Gent, especially the spider creeping down towards him.
Wishes
Lynne
Fantastic make! LOVE the gent here!
Claudia N. said…
Yep! That was my first thought too: I wouldn't want to meet this guy! Not even in broad daylight..lol!

You have really managed to create a visual ghost story or thriller! Love that morbid feel to your frame and how you arranged all the elements so beautifully!

Hugs,
Claudia x

sarascloset said…
Oh, Jennie, sometimes people can be more horrifying than things like bones and skulls, and this dude looks like he's up to no good, for sure!! I really love what you have done with some of Tim's older things, and your spider web is inspiring me!

I think I shall quit going into the Closet and just sit in front of Live the Dream! What a delightful morning I have had here today! Hugs!
A Pink said…
Fantastic Make ! Jennie . If I'm honest I wouldn't ordinarily mind meeting the time traveller gent ( one of my fave stamps ) but in your dark creepy setting I have to admit I'm pretty sure I'd think twice . This for me is the perfect halloween make with just the right amount of horror factor . Loving the eye glass
A very inspirational make x
Spooky chap you have created here! I can hear the wind in the moors howling away on a cold, dark and dreary night. Awesome sauce design and your layers lend a depth to this Sherlock Holmes Mr.