Happy New Year and something completely different!

Happy New Year Everyone! 

Wishing all my lovely friends and followers a year full of health, joy, contentment and crafting! 



And as today is the first of the month we have a brand new challenge over at Country View Challenges which is


 to use something new to you. 

So for my first DT piece of 2015 I have used felt instead of paper and made a few brooches using my Tim Holtz dies.



My friend Polly at our local Needlework shop (Nimble Fingers) stocks a huge array of materials but it has been the felts which have been catching my eye and the gorgeous subdued pink and mauve in particular. 




I used the Poinsettia die to cut the felt and I layered petals on top of each other using a hot glue gun. I twisted a few of the lower petals whilst I was glueing to give a bit of depth. I cut the prongs off a vintage brad and stuck it to the felt again with the hot glue.



This one was made with the Jumbo Tattered Pinecone and a couple of leaves from the Tattered Poinsettia. It is so easy to curl them up and hot glue them.




And this was my Christmas Day Brooch made using a Sissix Stampin Up Spiral Flower Die.

I had great fun making these and wished I had thought about using the Christmas one for parcel decorations! Next year perhaps!

I do hope you will join us at Country View for this month's challenge as I am SURE you have something in your stash that you have not used yet. Hop on over to the blog to see what that rest of the Design Team have been working with - lots of fun inspiration! And of course keep an eye out for our posts during the month as we will all be back with another project using something new.


Have a great day!

Jennie x


Comments

These are lovely Jennie. Doesn't the felt cut beautifully?
I'm sure you will be asked where you got them from.
Rita said…
How Beautiful are these Jenny. I love them both. Good quality felt is hard to come by these days. Have a Great 2015. Hugs Rita xxx
Redanne said…
Happy New Year Jennie!

Your flowers are always beautiful and they look wonderful in the felt. I particularly like the brooch made from the jumbo tattered pinecone die, it really is stunning. Anne x
Almo said…
Happy New Year to you Jennie. Your felt flower brooches are gorgeous, I especially like the mauve poinsettia, a colour I would never have thought to use but it looks so pretty it would dress a birthday gift beautifully. Mo x
Lovely brooches Jennie!
I went through a phase of making these with my tattered florals die , but I never thought of using the poinsettia one, it looks so pretty and I will have to try it.
Happy new year !
Xxx
Marci said…
Gorgeous! Love all of them!
You are the queen of handmade flowers and these are so fantastic. I love working with felt and was actually thinking about making some felt flowers and hearts for Valentine's Day. Thanks for the inspiration and Happy New Year!

Hugs,
Linda
They're so soft and pretty... I want to stroke them! Happy 2015!
Alison xx
Julia S-W said…
Happy New Year Jennie to you and your family - I hope your weather isn't too bad up there!
Your brooches are gorgeous and I love that you've used the dies - I can remember taking hours to cut out small petal and flower shapes when I used to make similar jewellery at college - many moons ago!
Juliaxx
These are gorgeous brooches. I haven't tried die cutting felt, so now I'm inspired to give it a go. Cheers, Di
Margaret said…
Be still my heart! These are absolutely gorgeous!!!!
Nikki Acton said…
Belated Happy New Year Jennie! These are wonderful - they look professionally made and what a great idea. Nikki xxx
Frances anna said…
Hi Jennie just begun to find inspiration and your flowers popped up. They are some of the nicest I've seen. Polly's felt is rather beautiful. Bought some before we moved to Orkney.Been looking for something special to use it for. Thanks for the ideas. F.