Winter inspired summer ......

 More Shetland Weather/Landscape inspired work!  But before I go any further a quick thank you for taking the time to visit my blog this busy month! I really appreciate it.


Living so far north not much grows in our garden, but what does grow does so in abundance - Montbretia, Crocosmia, Ladies Mantle and Lilies in particular. Now only their stalks and dried up leaves are left in the borders and they are lovely shades of brown when the sun shines on them (occasionally!) and look fabulous when touched by the frost. So for my C2CU DT post this week I have used these sepia colours to inspire this postcard tag.



Over at Crafts Too Challenge You we start a second twist this week in our monthly theme of the Natural World and for these last two weeks of December we are asking you to add any winged creature to your project.


As an obsessed butterfly girl (stamps and punches!) I couldn't resist using these lovelies from Hero Arts. I used the Crafts Too Ivy Die Cut again and very gently blended Vintage Photo Distress Ink over it.  


I also used this ink for the background along with Arcival Coffee - stamping off to create different shades of the same ink.  I love this postcard stamp from Stampin Up and I am sure it is going to have alot of use!

Again many thanks for visiting and I hope you are all not too stressed in this lead up to Christmas.  I seem pretty well organised this year and am able to spend some time rehearsing the last of our carols for Midnight Mass - always a wonderful start to Christmas.

x






Comments

The softness and gentleness of your piece is delightful Jennie.I can only imagine how cold it gets where you are. We cannot grow lilies because it does not get cold enough! I would have loved to play in this challenge but Time has beaten me :( Have a wonderful Christmas!
Inkypinkycraft said…
I love these colours Jennie, wishing you a wonderful Christmas if I don't get y again! Xx hugs x trace x
Brenda Brown said…
A wonderful piece Jennie and such a glorious palette too.
hugs {brenda} x0x
Redanne said…
What an absolutely stunning postcard tag, it really is very beautiful in those sepia tones. The addition of the butterflies is just perfect (from one butterfly lover to another)..... hope you have a wonderful Christmas and a happy and healthy New Year. Festive hugs, Anne x
Netty said…
Beautiful tag Jennie. Wishing you a very Happy Christmas, hugs Annette x
Artyjen said…
Gorgeous, gorgeous ;)
Happy Christmas xoxo Sioux
Sandy said…
Wonderful, wonderful, wonderful!!
Merry Christmas!
sandy
Astrid Maclean said…
Love your wonderful sepia tones Jennie, another stunning project!
Maggie said…
Gorgeous in sepia Jennie

Merry Christmas

MaggieH
Rita said…
Beautiful creation Jennie. The colours are perfect for a lovely vintage look. Best Wishes for Christmas. Hugs Rita xxx
Jenny Marples said…
Loving the neutral and very calming colours to this one as well as your clever design Jennie. Just the antidote to all the Christmas madness. Jenny x
Such beautiful neutrals - altogether enchanting! Sorry I've got so behind, but it's lovely catching up...
Alison xx
Margaret said…
Beautiful and the colors perfectly capture my garden in winter as well!