Bah Humbug Take Two!


Time for my second DT piece this month over at Country View Challenges.  

We live in a very old house (c1840) which is absolutely delightful at Christmas time with the large fireplaces and hearths.  I love to have tags and frames in and around the candles as Christmas Decorations, so I have made a frame using the Tim Holtz Cabinet Frame Die and this lovely Pion Design Image of Santa/Postman!



My DT colleague Brenda of Bumblebees and Butterflies shared a technique for crumpled tissue paper and acrylic paints recently and I wanted to have a go on the frame to create some texture. 

I used some gold text tissue paper and then Vintage White Acrylic Paint.  When dry I sprayed it all with Perfect Pearls Biscotti Spray and added a bit of Vintage Photo before edging it all with a Gold Pen. Way to go, but it looks quite effective.



I love creating snow effects with this puffy stuff made by Woodware - it really is quite effective. 



Right that is the fun over for today and now back to the Christmas duties!

Hope you are all finding time for some crafting fun too x







Comments

Inkypinkycraft said…
Another gorgeous image and another gorgeous creation! Love it! Wow I bet your house is magical x hugs x trace x
Patricia said…
Brilliant, I love that wonderful image and fantastic design.

Patricia x
Brenda Brown said…
I love this Jennie, the tissue paper and paint worked wonderfully and you achieved a fabulous texture to the frame. I love the image and gorgeous embellishments with it and it will be fabulous amongst your candles. Thanks for linking to me.
hugs {brenda} x0x
Margaret said…
Beautiful frame! I love the effect of the tissue paper treatment!
Love the tissue texture on the frame - gorgeous! And the image really is a wonderful one - one of my favourites I've seen so far this year!
Alison xx