White Rose Make Over!



My final piece for Crafts To Challenge You this month and something completely different!  

By now you will remember that the theme is Texture and the twist is to add something shiny or glittery.  There is still time to enter your project - just click the link HERE or pop over and browse the wonderful entries. 


I used the Tim Holtz Pocket die which I then decorated to make an extra special gift wallet. I have used various Spellbinders and Marianne dies layered over a doily, but I am most excited about these roses which have had a complete makeover!


This is how they started out:



I used a Marvy Le Plume Watercolour Pen (Wine) to colour the edges of the flower - I didn't bother too much just kept brushing the large nib over and around the leaves.


Then I spritzed it with water and after it had dried a little spritzed some more with Smooch Spritz Vanilla Shimmer (this close up looks more pink than it actually is).


Finally I added some Crystal Stickles around the edges.  The Stickles were still a little wet when I took the photograph - they dry to a lovely light sparkle.


It is getting a bit addictive!


But I love the subtle effects.


My white flower stash is definately diminishing -  but I think now I really will have to buy some more!

Thanks for looking and I hope this inspires you to start giving your white flowers a make over.





Comments

...soooo beautiful Jennie, your attention to detail shines through, I can almost smell those roses through the screen... Mel:)x
Brenda Brown said…
And a fabulous makeover it is Jennie. You have transformed these into beautiful flowers with the colouring and sparkle additions and I can see why it has become a bit addictive. I just love the final effects.
hugs {brenda} x0x
Redanne said…
I think anyone would love to receive this gorgeous little gift wallet. Love how you transformed the plain flowers - they are beautiful. Hugs, Anne x
Luvcreatincards said…
Hi Jennie,
What an amazing job you have made of
transforming the white roses - they are gorgeous. Your local florists had best be on their guard, or you'll be having orders for mini boquets before you know it!!! Thank you for sharing more of your fab technques.
Warmest best wishes,
Su
-x-
Gorgeous... the subtle colour blending on the roses is just exquisite, and the gift envelope as a whole is - you're right - extra special!
Alison xx
Shirley said…
Pure delightful heaven Jennie the roses makeover look gorgeous as does the whole make. Beautiful and delicate layering.

Crafty hugs from Shirl x x
Inkypinkycraft said…
These flowers look gorgeous and I must get some of mine out and have a play xx hugsx trace x
Margaret said…
The transformation on the flowers is amazing! The hint of color and sparkle really made these gorgeous!
Jenny Marples said…
As ever you seem to have a bit of a gift for making the most superb flowers Jennie. Love these. Jenny x