Sepia Tone on Tone



Hi Everyone and I am really pleased to be back creating this month for Crafts To Challenge You.  Our theme this month is "Texture" and for my first piece I have created a tone on tone tag using Vintage Photo Distress Inks.  A bit of a signature style for me!

I have used an embossing folder to create the texture on my tag and thank you to Trace Metcalfe for reminding me that I had a set of Tim Holtz Diffusers which create a lovely flat space for stamping a quote!  


I love using lace, ribbon and muslin and of course making my own flowers which are scrunched up creating even more texture.  


So there you have it!  A tone on tone tag - using just one Distress Ink Pad.  

The Design Team have put together some lovely pieces for this first week of the challenge and of course there will be our weekly posting through the month plus the twist in a couple of weeks time.  

I hope you join us in our challenge.  Click the link HERE for the challenge page.

Thanks for visiting!


Comments

Astrid Maclean said…
Love your shabby tag with those gorgeous sepia tones, great make Jennie!
Redanne said…
Hi Jennie, your tag is gorgeous, love the embossing and your flowers are beautiful. Love this. Hugs, Anne x
Inkypinkycraft said…
Thanks for the shout out! Bless you , I Dom,ove this tag ...gorgeous soft colours , your beautiful flowers and textures. Just yummy hugs trace x
Bonnie said…
Love the tone on tone, and your flowers always look so perfect!
It's gorgeous, Jennie - who needs more than one colour (especially when it's Vintage Photo)?! All those delicate textures from the soft ribbons and lovely flowers work beautifully with the elegant embossed frame.
Alison x
Alison said…
I love the natural colour palette on this beautiful tag Jennie! xx
Brenda Brown said…
Such a gorgeous, shabby tag with lots of fabulous texture. The embossing diffusers really make the sentiment stand out and the tone on tone has worked beautifully.
hugs {brenda} x0x
Shirley said…
Hi Jennie lovely to be working with you and what a beautiful tag. Gorgeous soft muted colours plus the added textured of lace, muslin and ribbon brings everything together perfectly.

Crafty hugs from Shirl x x
Sandy said…
Your tag is gorgeous! Love the flowers with the lace too!
sandy
Julia S-W said…
Inky, beautifully feminine and not needing another thing - it's special just as it is! I love to see your work you know Jennie - it's so classy, dreamy and just the sort of thing I would like to make! I should leave the paints alone for a while I think but I'm addicted.
Have a lovely weekend. Hope it's not too blowy up there. . . .
Juliaxx