On Top of the World

..... well not quite!  We are standing at the very top of the UK - Hermaness in Unst, Shetland on a beautiful day, surrounded by huge numbers of gannets and puffins (the camera as usual balanced on a rucksack!) 


Our theme at Country View Crafts this month is Layers and I have created loads of layers on this scrapbook layout.  

All the layered papers you can see behind the photograph have had labels or flowers punched out of them, but by strategically placing them on top of each other, they provide a great layered background for the photograph (and I feel better about using up some of my scraps!).



The background paper was beautifully printed and edged and not one I wanted to cut into.  But it did make for a quick layout!













My flower was made from two Tattered Floral die cuts inked very lightly with Vintage Photo DI and shaped using a bone folder along each leaf.  The rolled rose in the centre was made with a punched circle and then cut into a spiral (there are loads of tutorials on the internet for this kind of flower).  I like to distress the edges before rolling it up to give it a bit of definition. The little spray from a stamen punch also gives the overall flower a bit of depth.  

It find these three pieces together make a nice largish flower for occasions when you don't want too much floral on the page. On this flower I've used a ball tool to make depresssions in the petals.


As today is the first of the month all the Design Team makes are showcased on the blog HERE and there are some wonderful pieces from the rest of the team. But do keep visiting as individual pieces are featured right through the month providing inspiration should you need it for your challenge piece. 

Thanks for visiting and I look forward to seeing your wonderful layered entries.


Comments

Inkypinkycraft said…
a great layered make and love all the soft colours, looks fab x hugs xtrace x
Jenny Marples said…
LOVE this layout - great design, perfect layers and, as ever, such a super flower. Hugs, Jenny x
Anonymous said…
Your blog is so lovely. I could wander through it for days. Thanks for the inspiration!

Diana
(From across the pond)
Alison said…
Wonderful layers on this beautiful page Jennie! xx
Julia S-W said…
Hi Jennie. At last I've made it back! You are such an intrepid little explorer - looks like you had a great time.
I have never produced a layout but if I did, it would have been inspired by you. I love the way you do them and this little beauty is no exception. The flower is STUNNING and caught my eye straight away - another one to try! Wonderful background paper and love the colour scheme you've chosen.
Sorry to be erratic with visits - I haven't forgotten you!
Hugs, Juliaxxx
So subtle and beautiful... wonderful composition that really shows off the photo, and another lovely flower!
Alison xx
Julia S-W said…
I am in love: that flower is gorgeous!!! I blame you for making me love flowers so much and now you've gone and done it again!!
Sorry not to have been around much but I'm trying to be better!
Juliaxx