Feathers



Embossed plastic is not the easiest thing to photograph!  but I thought this would be a bit of fun for week 2 of our Textures challenge at Crafts To Challenge You this month. 


I have used a Crafts Too Feather Embossing Folder on recycled Plastic Packaging.  I am always amazed at how the embossing goes white in places and creates a lovely surface on what is something for nothing.


I found some lovely white feathers in the field beside the house which fitted the theme perfectly and used these with some small white and yellow buds, paper string, ribbon and this lovely Crafty Individuals bird stamp, to create  a small collage.

There is still plenty of time to join us in our challenge - click the link here to see more of the Design Team makes this week.  As we are all choosing our own style, there are some fabulous makes.  Never to sure how to describe mine, but I suppose it is shabby collage!  

Thanks for looking and have a great weekend.








Comments

Astrid Maclean said…
How very, very clever and what a cool idea! The clear plastic with the vintage brown and pastel tones, go very well together!
Redanne said…
Shabby collage is a wonderful description of your gorgeous make. I had forgotten how beautiful embossed plastic can look... thank you for the wonderful inspiration! Anne x
Brenda Brown said…
Superb Jennie, I love the idea of using the packaging in this way and how wonderful it looks. Great embellishments added at the bottom too.
hugs {brenda} x0x
Netty said…
terrific idea and it looks wonderful, Annette x
Absolutely beautiful, Jennie - really magical. I love the vintage sepias of the text circles, and the flowers, feathers and curly string make for the perfect embellishments - oh, delicious stamp too. Can you tell that I love it?!
Alison xx
Julia S-W said…
I haven't done this for ages - I got the technique from Neil Walker only he used to swipe paint into the 'dips' on the underside and then wipe away the unwanted paint. I rather like your take it on. Great use of the CI bird (I have him - lovely!). I think this will really inspire lots of people to try things out Jennie. You have so many ideas!
Juliaxx
Phew, hopefully I've caught up with you now hate to miss your lovely creations.
Cindy Groh said…
Stunning tag. Love it!