Baby Layers





My second make for Country View Crafts this month is a vintage baby card using the gorgeous Pion Design papers.  I just love the softness of these colours and they are just so lovely for a baby card. 


I have kept the card quite simple, just layering the papers with some muslin which sometimes takes a bit of glueing but the sewing machine keeps things all in check!


The blue flower was made from a couple of hyacinth type petals which I sprayed lighly with water and scrunched up.  A little Vintage Photo Distress Ink around the edges and some stamens just finishes it off.  I am gradually getting through these flowers and I can now see a bit of a dent in the box!

As you have probably guessed our theme this month at CVC is layers and already there are some fabulous DT makes and wonderful entries into the challenge.  I hope you join in with us this month.

Enjoy the weekend!







Comments

Brenda Brown said…
Such beautiful delicate neutral colours Jennie and that pop of blue looks fabulous. Love this shabby collage.
hugs {brenda} x0x
Astrid Maclean said…
So, so pretty, love the soft look of that baby photo! Did n't realize Country View sold Pion papers, that's great news. Love your card!
Inkypinkycraft said…
Really gorgeous piece Jenny, love the soft colours and how youhave delicately combined all the layers x hugs x tracex
Redanne said…
The Pion papers are beautiful and create a wonderful background for your stunning card. The photo is lovely and the blue flower is just gorgeous! Hugs, Anne x
Jenny Marples said…
Beautiful Jenny. It is as hard to be restrained as it is to cover the page and I love the limited colour palette here. Hugs, Jenny x
Sandy said…
A beautiful card to go with the picture of that beautiful baby!
sandy
Just seen this over at CVC, Jennie - and it's absolutely exquisite. Wonderful use of the papers, and the sewing looks so lovely.
Alison x
Paper Profusion said…
This really is very beautiful Jennie. I love its vintage softness and then your oh so perfect blue flower completely brings it to life. Exceptional card.

Nicola x
Julia S-W said…
Another beauty. I love Pion papers and I even own a few but I don't want to cut them up!! I love your vintage image and the use of the muslin and sewing.
Juliaxx