The Launch of Crafts Too Challenge You!

Today is the launch of our exciting new challenge blog Crafts Too Challenge You (C2CU) 
and the theme for this month is


Choose a Decade and Anything Goes



Every Friday through the month the Design Team will be giving you some great inspiration for the theme but for the latter two Fridays there is a twist to the theme and it is up to you whether you join the challenge with the theme or with the added twist.  

Crafts Too is our sponsor and there is a prize each month as well as a top 3 - so I hope you will  join Brenda, Rebekkah, Carol, Chris, Sharron and myself and feel yourself challenged.



For my first DT piece I have chosen 1920s vintage as this wonderful little Vintage Ladies Stamp from Marianne Designs just said 1920s, but I think it could be any era you want really up to 1950!


My tag was embossed with a corner Sissix Die and then inked with Victorian Velvet and Seedless Preserves Distress Inks and over stamped with my Hero Arts French Writing Stamp (never off my desk) with Seedless Preserves.


The Marianne Designs Doily Die was cut with cream card and just adds such a lovely backdrop to the decoration.  


I have used a handmade paper rose (tutorial on my side bar) as my main flower and added some scrim and muslin.

I hope you join us on this new adventure!  Click the link HERE to see the rest of the Design Team projects.  All very different so there should be a style to suit everyone!  










Comments

Brenda Brown said…
This is such a beautiful tag Jennie, the victorian velvet and seedless preserves colour palette work's perfectly with the gorgeous image and the lovely die cut behind it. The scrim and muslin with your paper rose is a lively touch. I hope you are enjoying your adventure.
hugs {brenda} x0x
Astrid Maclean said…
Wow, what a total stunner Jennie, gorgeous stamp and the way you have used it with those gorgeous shabby chic colours is fantastic!! Love this!!

Hope your trip is going well!
Artyjen said…
Scrummily gorgeous Jennie ;)
xoxo Sioux
Such a beauty - those vintage dusky pinks work brilliantly with that adorable image, and another delicious flower!
Alison x
Carol said…
Hi Jennie. What a beautiful tag. I can only admire all these different techniques. Brenda is right in saying that we are all so different in style.
Carol x
c2cudt
Unknown said…
What a beautiful tag Jennie, fabulous. So glad to be working with you on C2CU. Chris xxx