Day Dreaming ......


I have had a very busy week working on projects which unfortunately I can't share at the moment, but there will be a lot to share during May!!  However, I thought I would share this layout - I ran out of time for the CSI Challenge a few weeks ago and I finished the final bits of glueing last night.


I wanted to have another go at creating a background with gesso and inks as my first one was a bit of a hit and miss affair. I used a piece of cardstock which I didn't really like and did some initial stamping with black staz on through a mask, although you can't really see that.  I added Distress Inks in Spiced Marmalade and Rusty Hinge and then covered it all with gesso.  Once that dried I added a bit more DI and spritzed it with water and some Picket Fence Crackle Paint here and there.  I really love how all this comes together.


I added a few bits of stamping over the top and some circles with the top of a bottle.  Then decorated the page as usual with lots of scraps from some favourite papers.




The colours for the challenge were orange and yellow with black and white and the challenge was to document an aspiration.  As I was in a hurry I used alot of bits and pieces from my scraps box and used a mixture of bought and made flowers.  


Thanks for visiting and I hope you all have a lovely weekend x


Comments

Hi Jennie. Love what you are doing with your backgroundpapers. Hadn't thought of colouring background before adding gesso. It does give it a different look. Always enjoy visiting your blog to see what you've been doing. Have a great weekend. Cheers, Di
Inkypinkycraft said…
What a beautiful background you have created ,soft and gentle and so beautifully embellished a, hugs trace x
Astrid Maclean said…
Stunning LO Jennie, love the subtle background and beautiful journaling and embellishments!
Oh yum... I completely agree about that background - absolutely gorgeous! So subtle, but so beautiful... a really fabulous LO, Jennie!
Alison x
Brenda Brown said…
This is so special Jennie. The background is beautiful and I love the elements, layout and works. A great scrapbook page.
Hugs Brenda xox
Sue said…
Very pretty layouts Jennie and the backgrounds you've created are fantastic.
Alison said…
This LO is stunning Jennie, the background & embellishments are fabulous! xxx