Green it is ...............




Two posts in one day!! I am playing catch up at the moment, so alot of things are just ready to put together.

Well I did say I would do a bit more green this year and this fits in nicely with the current Anything But a Card Challenge which is ......... yep .......... Green!


I gathered supplies and just decided to go for it - randomly glueing down bits of book paper all over the tag as well as some left overs from my bits box.  Then I sprayed the whole tag with all my green sprays! and sprayed some muslin, scrim and ribbon at the same time. 


You may remember that I am trying to use up the mountain of white flowers I currently have so I lightly sprayed and scrunched up a few of these white non descript flowers. 



Then when they were dry I added some stamens which I coloured with alcohol inks.  I really like the look of these, they just look so different from the originals.


Do pop over to the ABAC Challenge Blog HERE as there are some super DT pieces and entries - it is absolutely amazing what can be done with the colour green!

I am also entering the tag into the first challenge at Country View Crafts the theme of which is Pick and Mix - so anything goes!  Do have a look at the site as there are some fabulous DT pieces and some great offers in the shop as well!

Thanks for visiting and I hope to catch up with visiting blogs later tonight x


Comments

Debbie said…
Wow Jennie, This Tag is stunning, I am a lover of green so all good for me in the colour department. those flowers are gorgeous, cannot believe how different they look after you have worked your magic on them, just fab, not the same flowers at all!
Debbiex
Astrid Maclean said…
Great tag Jennie, love the texture and those flowers look absolutely amazing!
Jennie, a gorgeous tag, Flowers look spectacular and totally different from what the originals were. Have a great weekend, cheers, Di
Julia S-W said…
I love everything about this beautiful tag Jennie. The flowers look stunning after you gave them a 'makeover'! There are so many beautiful elements to this tag that I'd be here all day if I mentioned them all - can't miss out the wonderful crackled button of course! Love the touch of gauze too. Thanks so much for joining us at Anything But A Card this fortnight.
Juliaxx
WendyK said…
A wonderful tag Jennie, I'm a big fan of tags, The colours, flowers, and textures are fabulous.
Brenda Brown said…
Love your use of green on this fabulous tag Jennie. Those flowers look completely different now and a perfect embellishment. It's lovely to see you at Country View Challenges, thanks so much for sharing your gorgeous creation with us.
hugs {brenda} x0x
Love, love, love this tag Jennie - I'm also playing catch up (on my blog visiting mainly - something had to slip over the last week or so!!) - but I'm so glad I took the time, I wouldn't have wanted to miss this - exquisite work - and your transformations of those flowers continues to amaze me!

I see I've another post in store if I persevere...!
Alison x
Unknown said…
A stunning tag! Beautiful! A great entry for our first challenge at Country View Challenges. Thanks! Chris xxx