Inks and Embroidery ..............


I was invited by the Shetland Guild of Needleworkers to host a workshop a couple of weekends ago - some inky things with a sewing element!  So we made this little book of five ATCs which included a little bit of ribbon embroidery. 



It was a large group (sixteen in all) but they all had alot of fun and there were a few converts to Distress Inks and lots of wows!! when we did the shrink plastic embellishments.  I look forward to seeing how they will convert these techniques into their needlework projects as a number of the members have created some fantastic multi-media pieces.

 



It has been an unbelievably hectic couple of weeks - hosting three workshops in three weekends and directing/producing the local panto is becoming an almost full time job! So I haven't had any time for visiting blogs and taking part in challenges.  But thank you all for your lovely comments and a special welcome as well to a number of new followers.

Everything is now packed away and once I have had a bit of a clean up of the craft room I should be back to normal!!



Comments

chrissie said…
Wonderful ideas Jennie and it sounds like a really fun thing to have been a part of

Love Chrissie xx
Julia S-W said…
Just gorgeous Jennie! Love the idea of combining stitching with ink. I'm trying to do it a bit more but pity I don't live up near you - I'd be on that course in the wink of an eye! Particularly love the page with the butterflies and wonderful inky background.
Have a wonderful weekend and don't wear yourself out directing the Panto!
Juliaxx
...oh Jennie this booklet is delightful, so much texture and your theme of colours throughout are simply delicious, they all work so beautifully together, a loVely idea too Jennie a booklet of ATC's, really loVely work...bet you all had a super time creating together...Melxx :)
Hettie said…
Wow Jennie this booklet is fantastic. Well done you! I wish I had been there!
xx
Netty said…
Loving your fab booklet Jennie, you certainly are kept very busy. Love the photos on the above post as well. Thank you for sharing. Annette x
Netty said…
Loving your fab booklet Jennie, you certainly are kept very busy. Love the photos on the above post as well. Thank you for sharing. Annette x
penny4thoughts said…
A bit behind in my blog visiting, but just LOVED this! Your ATCs are brilliant - I want to learn to do ribbon embroidery now, and I especially like your little book ;-). It's just the perfect thing for ATCs.