Somewhat Unseasonal!


The wonderful Linda over at Studio L3 gave us another great Grungy Monday challenge yesterday using a video by Tim Holtz which can be found if you click here.  A great resist technique utilising Distress Ink with Studio Multi Medium. 

I just HAD to use my new Tattered Leaves die and I made a stencil in thick card which I used to create the resist with the Multi Medium (slightly opposite to Mr T but it still works  in the same way!)  I had intended to make this a spring tag with yellows and greens but just a little bit of Rusty Hinge crept in and hey presto I was in another totally different colour scheme.  So a but unseasonal, but I went with an Autumn theme.  Do go over to Linda's blog and look at the wonderful pieces of art Linda and others have made using this wonderful resist technique.  Definately one I will be using again.

Then ....... I realised that this fitted in very nicely with Gingersnap Creations Third Annual Copper, Ginger, or Rust Challenge, details of which can be found here and if you scroll down the page you will see some fantastic examples of using these wonderful colours.  I used Rusty Hinge, Spiced Marmalade, Wild Honey and Mustard Seed.  Amazing how they all look slightly different when used on different mediums.  I just love Rusty Hinge!

So a Monday double! 

.

Comments

Terry said…
Beautiufl tag! Love the use of leaves and flowers and the colors are beautiful!
Maggie said…
Fabulous Tag Jennie and the leaves have worked really well, I love rusty hinge too!!

Maggie :-)
Daniele said…
gorgeous tag, love the colours, good idea using a card stencil
Evelyn S. said…
Oh my word! This is absolutely terrific! It is wonderfully rich and detailed.
beautiful tag Jennie - really autumnal and works brilliantly
Silvia(Barnie) said…
How fantastic, love the fall colors.
Jenny said…
Beautiful tag Jennie... loving the rusty hinge too... and your new die...

Hugs
Jenny x
fairy thoughts said…
great tag, this has such a lovely autumnal feel, i have just brought these leaves too. but we all do something completely different with them. thanks for sharing
janet
Sally said…
Great piece, love the dies you have used, and great colours!
Shelann said…
I love the leaves along with the colors you used.
minnie_mac said…
Gorgeous tag. Liked your idea of using a stencil rather than stamping.

Marilyn
Anonymous said…
Fab tag in any season! Thanks for playing the 3rd Annual Gingersnap Creations Copper, Ginger or Rust Challenge!
Jenny Potter said…
Love the colours you used! Great job!
Pam said…
Very lovely fall tag! Beautiful background, and love the leaves!!
Pam
Shelly Hickox said…
Love your tag! Rusty Hinge is one of my all-time favorite colors!
Linda Ledbetter said…
Oh, how pretty! Jennie, this is just the change of season I needed this morning. Those warm, cozy fall colors are gorgeous, and the resist technique is fabulous! I love the embossed autumn leaves and sweet sentiment, too. Wonderful work-- as always!
Scrap Vamp said…
Goegeous tag! I love the leaves and autumn colors!
AJ said…
Cool tag!!!