Grungy Monday 1 : Play Time!

And here we go with Linda's new challenge over on Studio L3 - Grungy Monday.  I was sad to miss the last couple of weeks of the Compendium of Curiorisites Challenge due to being on holiday, but great to start a whole new set of challenges.  Click on the Studio L3 link to find out more!

The challenge is still based on the great Tim Holtz techniques, but might be anything from a video on his website, techniques from Compendium of Curiosities ................. you get my gist.  So Grungy Monday No. 1 is:

12 Tags of Christmas 2008 Tag No. 10

Click the link  above to see this stunning tag.  The challenge is about being inspired by the technique, so I did the tutorial and here is my take on the tag.

I must admit I don't have much in the way of Distress Reinkers so my background was blended and then misted with a Perfect Pearls spray.  And I'm glad at last to have used the lovely stamp from Crafty Individuals. 

I couldn't resist adding in the "Play" ticket as it was so much fun making this tag and also taking part in all these wonderful challenges.

Thanks again to Linda for starting yet another challenge for us all. 



Comments

donna said…
Beautiful tag. I love all the elements and your masking looks terrific!
Shelly Hickox said…
Fantastic tag! Love the way you used the spinner!
Terry said…
Wonderful use of colors and masking! Fabulous tag for GM!
Alison said…
Glad you found time to 'play' Jennie! Your tag is fabulous! xxx
Maggie said…
A gorgeous tag Jennie, love your theme and the play ticket is just right as it is such fun to play!
lovely tag - and really like what you have done with the pointer for the I - fantastic
Evelyn S. said…
I love the theme....and the ticket. (I have them somewhere, but have 'lost' them for the time being!) This is a great tag.
Pam said…
Very cool tag! It definately is play time!!
Pam
MarleneMAZ said…
Great tag, love the sentiment there:)
Jenny Potter said…
Great tag, and I love the stamp from Crafty Individuals - I want that! LOL. Great use of the spinner.
Smiles
Jen
This is wonderful. We all need play time.
Candy C said…
Hi Jennie! Thank you so much for the really sweet post you made on my blog! I am here to tell you that I love your Grungy Monday tag as well!!! Love the browns and blacks and "PLAY" "TIME"...definitely! <3 Candy
Silvia(Barnie) said…
Fabulous tag, wonderful elements.
Minxy said…
Interesting colours i likie, fab tag :D
Linda Ledbetter said…
Hello, dear Jennie! It's so great to see you at Grungy Monday. You did a spectacular job on this challenge, too. The perfect example of "using what you've got" to create something brilliant. I love the layers of interesting paper and imagery, and the soft colors are lovely.

Yay! Can't wait to see more GM art from you!
minnie_mac said…
A great tag and I'm coveting that Crafty Individuals stamp.

Marilyn
Shelann said…
I love the colors and all of the different elements of your tag.