Tims Tags Day 6

Well my heart missed a beat when I saw today's tag as I thought I had pretty well all of the items needed, but ........ no I didn't!  I had the stamp of the trees but not the embossing folder, so I couldn't try out that technique, which was a shame. 


I used the deer stamp to make a template and cut one out of grungepaper which I then embossed in a circles folder.  I used the Aqua acrylic paint and DIs and it really is quite effective.  My antlers were cut from the elegant flourishes die.  Sadly my tumbled glass DI doesn't seem to come out very blue, but I quite like the background colours.  I stamped the flourish stamp "off" before stamping it onto the tag.  The trees are inked with peeled paint, pine needles and walnut stain and then embossed with clear powder.  Snow is "splodged" on with a paintbrush again!

I actually really love the colours on this tag, the aqua really makes it very different despite it being alongside the more traditional green and reds.

Not a great photo - a heavy snow blizzard passing by at the moment, so it is quite dark.  Even the house feels cold today at -3.  Brrrr ............

Comments

Anonymous said…
Wow! This is stunning Jennie! And, I agree, the colours today are beautiful!
Alison xx
ScrappyDandyDoo said…
I love it, shame about the technique being missied buti'm sure you will try it at some point :D
Julie xx
The Dolphin Inn said…
Beautifully elegant variation of Tims tag Jennie, the trim at the bottom looks so lush, thanks for sharing xxx
Artyjen said…
Your tag turned out gorgeous with the reindeer ;)
Thanks for joining in at the splinter group again ;)
xoxo Sioux
Jen said…
What a beautiful tag!!
Netty said…
I love your creation and agree with you the colours are beautiful. Annette x
Fliss said…
Really lovely Jennie and I see you're in the same boat as me (no pun intended!) as I only have the tree stamp too.
xx
Artyjen said…
Thanks for sharing at The Artistic Stamper challenge.....good luck!
xoxo Sioux