Donna Week 5

Some different techniques this week which have been fun!

 Journal Pocket:  It wasn't too easy creating this curved pocket - it took a lot of persuasion!  I used my new Smooch Spritz sprays for this - gingersnap and electric blue.  Makes a change from my usual pinks.  The depth of colour with these sprays is great and they really do shimmer.  They also result in greater coverage of the dictionary paper so my flower has got some good colours in it for a change.

We used glossy accents in the middle and on the edges of the flower to create the look of early morning dew.  Mine slipped off a bit!


Perfect Pearls: ..... and me do not get on!  This is probably the best I've ever done with them.  The butterflies were first stamped with versamark and then had perfect pearls lightly brushed over them and then spritzed with Vanilla Mist smooch.  Then ....... and this was very clever.  The stamp was reinked with Versamark and stamped over the image again (difficult to get it bang on) and then clear embossing powder sprinkled over the stamped image and heat set.  It actually looks very impressive in real life.


Batik Embossing:  Again another technique I've not done before.  The flourish was stamped with Distress Ink (I used Chipped Sapphire) and then embossed with clear embossing powder. I then inked around the area with other distress inks and blended and spritzed them well.  The embossed flourish acts as a resist.  Then it was a case of  "ironing off" the embossing ink using paper and an iron.  I did get my paper stuck to the embossing powder in a couple of places, but I'm quite pleased with the effect.  The page was decorated with more rolled roses.

Nearly at the end of this course now.  Just one more week.  It has really been great and I've learnt alot of new techniques.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Beautiful artwork, love all the techniques you used! Must give the rolled roses a go, thanks for the tutorial below!
Alison x