Monday, 29 March 2010
Our layout theme this month was to use something recycled ......... so I used the back of an A4 writing pad, the cover of the Shetland Islands Council Pensions Report for 2010 (!), some ribbon from a box of chocolates and some suede from a clothes tag (recent purchase). Obviously some other bits and pieces, but the tag was in my box of scrap.
I've always loved this photo of Robin - one of his first trips back after going away to the RAF. He looks so fit!
Saturday, 27 March 2010
I really enjoyed doing this piece and would not have attempted anything like it had we not had the challenge - so I am very grateful for the member who came up with the idea of a challenge. I wonder what next month's will be ???
This is the card I made for Morag, Producer/Director of Memory of Water. All the cast and backstage crew signed it and she was delighted with it.
Phul Nana was the perfume worn by the mother, Vi, in the play and which the sisters reminisced about. We couldn't get any, so a copy of the advert was the nearest thing.
Wednesday, 24 March 2010
I've made a number of these tags today for my fellow "thespians". Its the opening night of The Memory of Water tonight and I thought I would make some tags instead of giving cards. They are based on my line - "I'm sure we went to the beach .......... I remember" when the three sisters, Teresa (me), Mary (Steph) and Catherine (Donna-Marie) are argueing about their memories of their childhood. (Another distress ink and water background!)
Thursday, 11 March 2010
I have been making quite a few cards recently using distress ink watercolour techniques. I really enjoy it and the effects are always quite spectacular. Distress Inks: Antique Linen, Fired Brick and Peeled Paint
Resist Technique: white embossing powder used as a resist against Broken China Distress Ins.
Glimmer Mist Mask, Distress Inks Spiced Marmalade, Shabby Shutters and Broken China, misted with Perfect Pearls.
Ranger Mask, Distress Inks Broken China, Shabby Shutters and Walnut Stain again misted with Perfect Pearls.
Broken China background overstamped with Versamark image sprayed with water.
This is my favourite technique - watercolour stamping. The stamp (my favourite at the moment!) was inked with Shabby Shutters, "touched" with Broken China and then sprayed with Perfect Pearls before stamping on card. Once dry the text was overstamped with Antique Linen and the edges blurred with Shabby Shutters.
Monday, 1 March 2010
Stamped Calico Collage utilising the techniques used at West Dean: I stamped the calico with a number of stamps using Staz-On inks. I then covered it with a 50:50 solution of PVA and water and added some torn dictionary paper and some stamped and inked flowers and butterflies I had already made. I made sure the whole area of calico was pretty well soaked with solution and then left it to dry overnight. A close up: I then used an ATC window template to find the "best bits". I got five ATC sized pieces and then managed to "patchwork" a sixth from the left overs. I then backed them onto some felt and machine stitched them and added a sentiment which I also stamped onto calico. And these are the six ATCs - my first fabric and paper stamped pieces.